Miss Belle’s Place, a historic landmark in Richardson, is being relocated down the road to the town’s Hearth Coaching and Emergency Operations Middle on Lookout Drive.
Shifting the 134-year-old constructing will value the town about $70,000, and an extra $30,000 will cowl the prices of momentary energy and safety cameras, based on a presentation throughout a March 22 metropolis council assembly.
Miss Belle’s Place was constructed round 1887 at 206 Sherman St. The constructing was donated to the town in 1979, after which moved to its present location on the Owens Farm property at Plano Highway and Lookout Drive, based on the town. It was designated as a Texas historic landmark in 1982. The Junior League of Richardson maintains the constructing and gives excursions.
Final fall, the property proprietor requested the town to maneuver the home inside a number of months.
The town anticipates that the constructing will keep on the fireplace division property for about two years, metropolis supervisor Dan Johnson mentioned. Plans are presently underway to safe a everlasting location inside the subsequent 12 months.
Richardson’s plans for transferring the constructing had been authorized by the Texas Historic Fee, which will even approve the the everlasting website for Miss Belle’s Place.